Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by "He Ju (上海_技术部_架构部_大数据平台_何惧)" <he...@yhd.com> on 2016/03/28 11:55:22 UTC

some HdfsAuditlog monitor issues

HI��
         We had try to use Apache Eagle to monitor our Hadoop cluster, but when I setup a test environment , I encounter some strange issues.
         I had setup the basic framework via the guidebook of http://eagle.apache.org/docs/deployment-in-production.html,

But we I execute the command like  ��./eagle-topology.sh --main org.apache.eagle.security.auditlog.HdfsAuditLogProcessorMain --config ../conf/sandbox-hdfsAuditLog-application.conf start��
The submitting process is ok, but I found that some ports errors on the Storm UI page, details in the attachment storm-worker-6708_error.log. Maybe because of this issue, I can not get anything on the alert page of the WebUI in splite of I had deploy the Hdfs audit monitor policy ahead.

Second issue:
And I use command ��mvn �CDskipTests clean package �Ce��  to compile and package, and I found that when I modify some source code like :
incubator-eagle/./eagle-core/eagle-query/eagle-entity-base/src/main/java/org/apache/eagle/log/entity/EntityQualifierUtils.java : convertStringToObject
old:   throw new IllegalArgumentException("Fail to convert string: " + value + " into type of " + type + ", illegal type: " + type);
new:  throw new IllegalArgumentException("Fail to convert myteststring: " + value + " into type of " + type + ", illegal type: " + type);

finally I found that the jar eagle-topology-0.3.0-incubating-assembly.jar which will be used in submit process was updated, but when exception the output is string ,not myteststring , I don��t know why lead to this.

I use the version 0.3.0, the latest update in git log was below:
commit f9b1316717c0f1083b2b84284ddb2ddfd44d3ca7
Author: Hao Chen <ha...@apache.org>
Date:   Wed Mar 23 12:06:16 2016 +0800

If some more information needed , please let me know.

Looking forward the response asap. Thank in advance.

Sincerely

�ξ� Joe He
Sr. Architect, Architecture-Fundation, Tech Dept
+86-18017743950
Floor 3, 295 ZUCHONGZHI RD, Zhangjiang, Shanghai (201203)

Re: some HdfsAuditlog monitor issues

Posted by "Liangfei.Su" <su...@gmail.com>.
#1, I don't see the attached file. It seems missed

"

finally I found that the jar eagle-topology-0.3.0-incubating-assembly.jar
which will be used in submit process was updated, but when exception the
output is string ,not myteststring , I don’t know why lead to this.

"
do you redeploy or upload the given jar to the lib/topology location? Make
sure you did copy the jar in eagle-assembly/eagle-topology-assembly(Or
simply build eagle-...-bin.tar.gz, then start from there) . The submit will
find the jar from there, you can see this in the eagle-topology.sh script.

Thanks,
Ralph