Multiple consumers on a distributed queue

Hi

I used the implementation of Curator for the distributed queue recipe of
Zookeeper.

However, if see some strange behavior:

* The throughput of the consumption of the items drastically decreases when
I enhance the number of consumers?

* When I launch several consumers on several servers ( of a same Zookeeper
chorum, of course), I see that some of the consumers are in an idle state
most of the time, instead of consuming items....

Is it a known behavior? Can we solve this? In the meanwhile, it reduces the
motivation to use a distributed queue!! ...

Many thanks for your help!

Regards
Benjamin

Re: Multiple consumers on a distributed queue

Sorry, I missed your message and I realize, I put a very similar question
today.

I put message to the queue, when the consumer monitors and finds that queue
reached 1/2 of its size (I monitor that every second)

I attach here the simple code, I used for testing the behavior.
Thanks for your help

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.