Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dipti khullar <di...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/31 11:06:41 UTC

Re: Configuring Solr to use RAMDirectory

Hi

Can somebody let me know if its possible to configure RAMDirectory from
solrconfig.xml. Although its clearly mentioned in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-465 by Mark that he has worked
upon it, but still I couldn't find any such property in config file in Solr
1.4 latest download.
May be I am overlooking some simple property. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dipti

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Andrey Klochkov <aklochkov@griddynamics.com

Posted by Raghuveer Kancherla <ra...@aplopio.com>.
Hi Dipti,
Just out of curiosity, are you trying to use RAMDirectory for improvement in
speed? I tried doing that and did not see any significant improvement. Would
be nice to know what your experiment shows.

- Raghu

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM, dipti khullar <di...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can somebody let me know if its possible to configure RAMDirectory from
> solrconfig.xml. Although its clearly mentioned in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-465 by Mark that he has worked
> upon it, but still I couldn't find any such property in config file in Solr
> 1.4 latest download.
> May be I am overlooking some simple property. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Note that there are things like replication which will not work if you are
using a RAMDirectory.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.