Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/30 23:30:58 UTC

Problems commiting new Web page updates - Derby-2227

Hi -
I've been working through some problems that I am running into when I
try to commit the patch for Derby-2227.

1. I performed a revert on the 3 .css files (only showing the last one below).
2. I permanently accepted the new certificate
3. I am still getting commit failures (please see below)

stewartl@SVL-stewartl /cygdrive/c/authoring/forrest/derby/trunk
$ svn revert build\site\skin\basic.css
Skipped 'buildsiteskinbasic.css'

stewartl@SVL-stewartl /cygdrive/c/authoring/forrest/derby/trunk
$ svn stat
?      patch
?      Derby2227-1.diff
?      derby2227-2.diff
?      build\tmp
?      build\webapp
M      build\site\linkmap.html
?      build\site\manuals\derby2227-1.zip
?      build\site\manuals\docscheck.html
M      build\site\manuals\docsfaq.html
M      build\site\manuals\dita.html
M      build\site\manuals\index.html
M      build\site\manuals\messages.html
M      build\site\manuals\guidelines.html
M      build\site\skin\print.css
M      build\site\skin\CommonMessages_de.xml
M      build\site\skin\images\txtdoc.svg.xslt
M      build\site\skin\CommonMessages_fr.xml
M      build\site\skin\CommonMessages_es.xml
M      build\site\skin\screen.css
M      build\site\skin\basic.css
M      build\site\skin\CommonMessages_en_US.xml
M      src\documentation\content\xdocs\manuals\docsfaq.xml
A      src\documentation\content\xdocs\manuals\docscheck.xml
M      src\documentation\content\xdocs\site.xml

stewartl@SVL-stewartl /cygdrive/c/authoring/forrest/derby/trunk
$ svn commit --message "DERBY-2227 Added a new page as a release
checklist called docscheck and added a new faq to the faq page.  Patch
derby2227-2.diff was contributed by Laura Stewart." src build/site
Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.apache.org:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
 - The certificate hostname does not match.
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: visitorportal.ibm.com
 - Valid: from Dec  1 19:19:25 2005 GMT until Dec  2 19:19:25 2007 GMT
 - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
 - Fingerprint: 3b:3c:14:69:a8:bd:67:63:2c:f3:f9:25:bb:d1:05:d9:fa:bc:54:b5
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: OPTIONS request failed on '/repos/asf/db/derby/site/trunk'
svn: OPTIONS of '/repos/asf/db/derby/site/trunk': 200 OK (https://svn.apache.org
)

--
Laura Stewart

Re: Problems commiting new Web page updates - Derby-2227

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Laura Stewart wrote:
> Well, congrats might be a bit premature :-)
> The updates to the faq page are there, but when I ask to see the
> new guidelines page, it says that it can't be found...

Ah! the clue is in the commit message:

> Added:
>     db/derby/site/trunk/src/documentation/content/xdocs/manuals/docscheck.xml   (with props)
> Modified:
> db/derby/site/trunk/build/site/linkmap.html

db/derby/site/trunk/build/site/manuals/docscheck.html didn't get added.

Do an 'svn stat build/site/manuals' -- I suspect there might be a ?
beside that file. So an 'svn add' followed by 'svn commit' should do it.

 -jean

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Laura Stewart wrote:
> Success !
> Yippee !!!

congratulations, Laura!

well done,

 -jean

Re: Problems commiting new Web page updates - Derby-2227

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
Success !
Yippee !!!

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Hi, Laura,

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
Okay, the command line did not work.  I went into Windows Explorer and
issued the svn revert from there and it worked beautifully.
Commit was successful.  Now on to "making the changes visible"

Laura

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
This is a temporary situation for today. I hope to be out from a proxy
tomorrow and will try to commit again then... sigh.  Thanks!
Laura

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.