Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Radu Caulea <ca...@usa.net> on 2002/02/25 22:27:14 UTC

nt, unc file names

Hello,

I have a computer connected 1) to the Internet served by Apache and mod_perl
and 2) to a local network. I need to be able to see from the 'OUTSIDE' a
file on a computer inside the LAN (not on the server). I try to copy this
file to the server in a 'visible' location.

I can successfully use unc filename in plain perl (copying files between
computers). (NT 4 or 2000)
The same code doesn't work in mod_perl. Do I need to configure something in
Apache or mod_perl to be able to see remote files as
\\computername\g$\filename.xxx ?

I could have an Apache server on the remote machine (local network), but as
I have to see this file from outside the network, only one ip address is
visible (the computer connected to Internet).

Thank you

Radu Caulea,
Senior Oracle Consultant
www.caulea.fr.st

Re: nt, unc file names

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 03:27 PM 2/25/2002, Radu Caulea wrote:

>I can successfully use unc filename in plain perl (copying files between
>computers). (NT 4 or 2000)
>The same code doesn't work in mod_perl. Do I need to configure something in
>Apache or mod_perl to be able to see remote files as
>\\computername\g$\filename.xxx ?

Are you able to use this pathname running Apache/mod_perl in a console?

The 'Service' mode on NT does not cooperate in some respects.
Unless you change the service to "Run As"... an account with net
access - the Apache service has -no- permissions to the network.

If you can run this service in your own login from the console, that
is your hassle.