Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2001/12/05 17:30:25 UTC

[Fwd: Bad link in Apache docs]

Acked.  The remark about a contact point on each page sounds
more than reasonable -- but we'd either have to deal with spam,
a Web form, or someone moderating all the crap that came through.
What would *really* rock would be an interactive annotation
feature such as PHP uses on their docs.. let people comment,
and every so often integrate the remarks and clear the annotation
list.
--
#ken	P-)}

RE: [Fwd: Bad link in Apache docs]

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Joshua Slive wrote:

> [...]

I have become very fond of Wiki over the last several months. It is easy
to install, and allows folks to add annotation to documents very simply.
See http://www.wikipedia.com/ for an excellent example of a wiki in
action.

> I think the "recommended" way to comment on this stuff is via the bug
> database.  I could perhaps put a note to that effect on the docs-project
> page.

Perhaps it's the name that is off-putting. When it comes to the
documentation, folks don't think of it as bugs. It's suggestions,
recoomendations, typos, whatever, but not really bugs.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://www.rcbowen.com/kenya/

RE: [Fwd: Bad link in Apache docs]