Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2012/05/24 00:06:51 UTC

[VOTE] Avro release 1.7.0 (rc 0)

I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.7.0.

Changes are listed at:

   http://s.apache.org/avro170notes

Please download the sources, check them, and vote.

   http://people.apache.org/~cutting/avro-1.7.0-rc0/

The Maven staging repository is at:

   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-124/

Thanks in advance for voting!

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.0 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Douglas Creager <do...@creagertino.net>wrote:

> I just committed the patch in AVRO-1102 to trunk.  Doug, is that enough to
> let you cut a new 1.7.0 release candidate including the patch?

That's enough.  I can roll another candidate and hope folks vote promptly.
 There are folks who need a 1.7 release ASAP.

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.0 (rc 0)

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>.
A new release candidate introduces at least a 1 week delay for the vote.
If we can get two other PMC members to approve this release, 1.7.0 can go
out and we can create a 1.7.1 immediately after.

Unfortunately I will not have time to test either of these until next
Monday.

-Scott

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.0 (rc 0)

Posted by Douglas Creager <do...@creagertino.net>.
> I can take care of this right now.  Sorry about the delay, I got drawn onto a couple of other projects at work over the past couple of weeks.

I just committed the patch in AVRO-1102 to trunk.  Doug, is that enough to let you cut a new 1.7.0 release candidate including the patch?  Or do I need to merge that commit into another branch first?

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.0 (rc 0)

Posted by Douglas Creager <dc...@dcreager.net>.
> I'm not very familiar with the Avro C code.  I hope that someone who
> is will review your patches soon as they look to fix critical bugs
> there.
>
> I agree it would be best to get these included an in a release as soon
> as possible.  Once they're committed I'd be happy to create a new
> release candidate and call a vote on it.  Whether this is 1.7.0 or
> 1.7.1 doesn't make much difference.  With 2 more +1 votes from PMC
> members we could have 1.7.0 released today.

I can take care of this right now.  Sorry about the delay, I got drawn onto a couple of other projects at work over the past couple of weeks.

[also] Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.0 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Maxim,