Posted to user@spark.apache.org by sudhir patil <sp...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/02 01:25:55 UTC

Spark Standalone cluster job to connect Hbase is Stuck

Spark job on Standalone cluster is Stuck, shows no logs after
"util.AkkaUtils: Connecting to HeartbeatReceiver" on worker nodes and
"storage.BlockmanagerInfo: Added broadcast..." on client driver side.

Would be great, if you could clarify any of these ( or better all of these
:)
1. Did anyone see similar issue? or any clues on what could be the reason?
2. How do you i increase debug or log level? to see whats actually
happening?
3. Any clues or links on how to use kerborised Hbase in spark standalone?

Re: Spark Standalone cluster job to connect Hbase is Stuck

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
>From your first email, it seems that you don't observer output from hbase
client.
Spark 1.2 was quite old, missing fixes for log4j such as SPARK-9826

Can you change the following line in HBase's conf/log4j.properties
from:
log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.hbase=INFO

to:
log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.hbase=DEBUG

on client and server sides (restart servers for the above to take effect)
to see if you would have more clue ?

Posted by sudhir patil <sp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted for quick reply.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.