Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Salabhanjika S <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/07 08:21:03 UTC

Windows support (Win-64)

Does ZooKeeper is supported on Windows (Win-64). When I searched through
the mailing list, I found
http://search-hadoop.com/m/pyVQoOgNQc/windows&subj=ZooKeeper+on+Windows

As per this discussion, there is no restriction/limitation as such. But
documentations claims "development only" support on Windows(Win-32).

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_supportedPlatforms

Should this be a documentation fix?

RE: Windows support (Win-64)

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.
We had to make some changes to get the C client to compile with 64 bits on
Windows. I'll post our findings when I have chance.

-Flavio

Posted by Bruno Freudensprung <br...@temis.com>.
Hi,

Conccerning Windows, there is this bug as well (dynamic configuration not working on windows):

Bruno.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Salabhanjika S
<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Back from long vacation today. I'll take a look at windows build/test failures.
>
> Also, how about having a parent JIRA to have all outstanding issues on
> Windows as sub-tasks of it?

Take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1833

Patrick

Re: Windows support (Win-64)