Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/15 09:32:13 UTC

Parsing with PCFGs

Hi all,

in a bit of spare time I sketched a basic implementation of (in memory)
probabilistic context free grammars which, if properly trained, can be used
to build the parse tree of a given sentence, however (also looking at the
doc on the website) it's not completely clear what's already implemented in
trunk, I see there are 2 algorithms for parsing, could someone shed some
light on them? And eventually fire an opinion for adding PCFGs as an
additional algorithm?

Regards,
Tommaso

Re: Parsing with PCFGs

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Ok, no problem.
In the meantime I've added the first PCFG implementation in the sandbox,
see http://svn.apache.org/r1632735

Regards,
Tommaso

Re: Parsing with PCFGs