Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2002/07/23 04:22:09 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] new pdf serializer in HEAD

I've just added a new pdf serializer to the HEAD branch. It is based on the
iText library. iText seems to come with a lot of nice features and I was told
it is supposed to consume less memory and be faster than fop. Haven't tested
the facts yet though... Anyway I thought it would be could to have an
alternative for PDF creation...

I just created another PDF link in the samples page.

happy testing ;-)

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] new pdf serializer in HEAD

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
On Tuesday 23 July 2002 09:55, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
> >I've just added a new pdf serializer to the HEAD branch. It is based on
> > the iText library. iText seems to come with a lot of nice features and I
> > was told it is supposed to consume less memory and be faster than fop.
> > Haven't tested the facts yet though... Anyway I thought it would be could
> > to have an alternative for PDF creation...
>
> Cool job, Torsten. I've heard a lot of good things about iText,
> including using it in a future version of FOP.
>
> We need now to make some fancy examples for this serializer (and also
> for the SWFGenerator/Serializer).

Sure thing. I'll try do create some ASAP.

Regarding the SWF stuff... it desperatly needs some developers (HINT,HINT! ;-)

I'll try to create at least a hello world example...

cheers

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>I've just added a new pdf serializer to the HEAD branch. It is based on the
>iText library. iText seems to come with a lot of nice features and I was told
>it is supposed to consume less memory and be faster than fop. Haven't tested
>the facts yet though... Anyway I thought it would be could to have an
>alternative for PDF creation...

Cool job, Torsten. I've heard a lot of good things about iText,
including using it in a future version of FOP.

We need now to make some fancy examples for this serializer (and also
for the SWFGenerator/Serializer).

Thanks,
Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] new pdf serializer in HEAD

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
Cool. We've been hearing more than one complaints about FOP's reliability
and speed lately.