Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@wyona.com> on 2003/04/25 16:12:18 UTC

help with GUMP, anyone?

i committed an initial GUMP file to the repository and was
wondering if someone would like to help us get GUMP up
and running for Lenya?

thanks

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss   gregor.rothfuss@wyona.com  +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

OSCOM 3 - Third Open Source Content Management Conference
May 28th - 30th 2003, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
http://www.oscom.org/Conferences/Cambridge/

Re: help with GUMP, anyone?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 25/04/2003 16:12 Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> i committed an initial GUMP file to the repository and was
>> wondering if someone would like to help us get GUMP up
>> and running for Lenya?
>

> All Apache committers have access to the scripts configuring Gump runs -
> located in the jakarta-gump module - so if Lenya is available from cvs,
> you should be able to add things yourself, maybe also by adding a repo
> if you haven't imported yet lenya into cocoon-lenya on cvs.apache.org
>
> Repository descriptors look like
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-gump/repository/cocoondev.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>

> A nice and not so difficult example of a Gump descriptor is that of
> Xindice:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-gump/project/xml-xindice.xml?rev=1.24&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>

> I see you are making quite a lot of
> 'you-need-this-version-of...-to-run-lenya' libraries available from
> http://www.wyona.org/lenya/. Gump will help you in making your
> application less dependent of specific versions of projects.

right, that's certainly the goal. But it seems to me that for people
which don't want to live on the cutting edge it can be very helpful.

> People over at gump@jakarta.apache.org are very friendly and helpful, so
> don't hesitate to get yourself a subscription.

ok

Within the last two days we have renamed all the Java packages org.lenya
to org.apache.lenya and consolidated the directory structure.

I hope that we will be ready to populate the CVS at Apache within the
next one or two weeks.

thanks

Michael

Re: help with GUMP, anyone?