Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2014/02/15 11:43:43 UTC

API for ServerRuntime building

In case you were wondering about a bunch of recent 3.2 Jiras, I’ve been finding myself a lot lately in a situation when I need to create multiple ad-hoc ServerRuntimes to handle various tasks via SQL. I thought it would be cool to be able to start ServerRuntime with no XML project. And even in cases when there is a DataMap, it often seems counterintuitive to reference it in a SQLTemplate that doesn’t deal with mapped entities. So this is what it is all about.

As a side effect, the new ServerRuntimeBuilder API provides an easier way to collect custom DI modules before sticking them in runtime and a few other good things.

Andrus

Re: API for ServerRuntime building

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
Sounds really useful. And convenient for writing unit tests as well.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis