Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/02/08 08:42:36 UTC

bugs

someone going to update this with the new information?

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html

also, it would be nice if http://nagoya.apache.org had an index.html that
also pointed to the right url to the bug tracking system.

thanks,

-jon

Re: bugs

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@qos.ch>.
At 23:42 07.02.2001 -0800, you wrote:
>someone going to update this with the new information?
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html

I'll handle the above URL. For the link below, you need someone with the appropriate rights. I don't have access to nagoya. Ceki

----
Ceki Gülcü           e-mail: cgu@qos.ch (preferred)
av. de Rumine 5              ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com
CH-1005 Lausanne
Switzerland            Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15

Re: bugs

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/8/01 1:19 AM, "Ceki Gülcü" <cg...@qos.ch> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> The page http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html now points to the Apache Bug
> DB and no longer to BugRat. Two questions remain:

thanks! I'm glad others (especially you!) are helping out with the site now.
:-)

general@ works for me.

> 2) Why should a user need to file a bug report with ABDB and post to the
> corresponding developers mailing list? I think that filing a bug report should
> automatically trigger a post to the appropriate dev ML. Another possibility is
> to *make sure* that the concerned developers get notified through e-mail about
> the bug report. The requirement to have the user report bugs twice, once
> through ABDB and once through a ML is not optimal.

I agree. You can change the wording to be more appropriate.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>

Re: bugs

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.net>.
on 2/8/01 1:19 AM, Ceki Gülcü at cgu@qos.ch wrote:

> 1) Who should be contacted in case of problems with ABDB? I have refrained
> from listing Pier's address publicly.

webmaster@ -- we need to get some more people behind that address to make
sure that things are handled.

> 2) Why should a user need to file a bug report with ABDB and post to the
> corresponding developers mailing list? I think that filing a bug report should
> automatically trigger a post to the appropriate dev ML. Another possibility is
> to *make sure* that the concerned developers get notified through e-mail about
> the bug report. The requirement to have the user report bugs twice, once
> through ABDB and once through a ML is not optimal.

Agreed.

--
James Duncan Davidson
http://x180.net/                                             !try; do();

Re: bugs

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
I'll work on Nagoya tonight. I have to change a bunch of configurations in
httpd.conf to make it happen :)

    Pier

Pier P. Fumagalli                              <ma...@betaversion.org>

Re: bugs

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@qos.ch>.
Hi again,

The page http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html now points to the Apache Bug DB and no longer to BugRat. Two questions remain:

1) Who should be contacted in case of problems with ABDB? I have refrained from listing Pier's address publicly.

2) Why should a user need to file a bug report with ABDB and post to the corresponding developers mailing list? I think that filing a bug report should automatically trigger a post to the appropriate dev ML. Another possibility is to *make sure* that the concerned developers get notified through e-mail about the bug report. The requirement to have the user report bugs twice, once through ABDB and once through a ML is not optimal.

Cheers, Ceki

----