Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Jery Wang <je...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/08 14:58:16 UTC

Accesing weblog for each user like blogs.sun.com

Hello,

I notice that each user in http://blogs.sun.com has user's own URL like:
http://blogs.sun.com/glennskinner/
http://blogs.sun.com/jbass/

etc.

How do I do this? Standard installation does not give this

Thanks
Jery

Re: Accesing weblog for each user like blogs.sun.com

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Sun uses something very close to standard or Roller 4.0. Those things
that appear to be usernames are actually weblog handles. You can pick
a weblog handle that is the same as your username if you wish and that
is what some users have chosen to do.

Also, some of those are older blogs. Before Roller 2.0, each user
could have only one blog and there was no concept of a group blog.

- Dave