Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Bhavin Parikh <bh...@spectramarketing.com> on 2000/09/25 15:39:58 UTC

SOAP Body

Hi All,
I have question regarding SOAP Body specification and encoding rules. I
couldn't find too many rules for SOAP Body.

Are the following valid SOAP Body?
1. I have method which passes recordset to remote server. Can I use SOAP
Body as described below?
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<m:SendRecords xmlns:m="Some-URI">
	<record field1="value1" field2="value2" field3="value3"
field4="value4" >0</record>
	<record field1="value1" field2="value2" field3="value3"
field4="value4" >0</record>
	<record field1="value1" field2="value2" field3="value3"
field4="value4" >0</record>
	<record field1="value1" field2="value2" field3="value3"
field4="value4" >0</record>
	<record field1="value1" field2="value2" field3="value3"
field4="value4" >0</record>
</m:SendRecords>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

2. I have another method which passes some user information to remote
server. Can I use following SOAP Body?

<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<m:SendUserInfo xmlns:m="Some-URI">
	<inParameters UserName="Bhavin" Description="Developer"
Group="public_group" CreatedBy="Administrator">0</inParameters>
</m:SendUserInfo>

Can I use Apache SOAP implementation to process above SOAP requests If I
have my own schema and encoder/decoder class defined?

Any suggestions or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks
Bhavin Parikh
Spectra
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer,
Work No :  717-397-1500 ext. 1191
Fax : 717-397-6821

Re: SOAP Body

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Check out the AddressBook example: getAllListings. This uses Literal XML
Encoding which makes it very easy to do this type of thing. I have done
something similar and it works just fine.

Cory

Re: SOAP Body