Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Wendy Edwards <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/29 08:39:39 UTC

Dev environment on Windows 10?

Has anyone had any luck standing up a dev environment on a Windows 10 box?

I've been using WSL and have gotten some parts building, but have struggled
with Docker.  Metron requires VirtualBox, which is incompatible with the
latest Windows Docker Desktop because of Hyper-V.  That leaves me with
Docker Toolbox on Windows, which is not currently communicating well with
the Docker client in WSL (possibly due to TLS issues).

Is there a better approach?

Thanks,
Wendy

Re: Dev environment on Windows 10?

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
You might consider a dual boot environment.