Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/14 02:20:39 UTC

Connecting To Shell With Incorrect Password

I ran this command:

  accumulo shell -u root -p bad_password

And was connected to the shell. I did not expect this to work. I could
run the "tables" command. I could even choose a table to work with.
However the scan and insert failed as shown below.

root@development> table david
root@development david> scan
14 00:18:11,063 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloSecurityException: Error
BAD_CREDENTIALS - Username or Password is Invalid
root@development david> insert row1 cf1 cq1 value
14 00:18:25,952 [impl.ThriftScanner] WARN : Security Violation in scan
request to 66.175.213.65:9997: ThriftSecurityException(user:root,
code:BAD_CREDENTIALS)
14 00:18:26,046 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.MutationsRejectedException: #
constraint violations : 0  # authorization failures : 1  # server
errors 0 # exceptions 0

The config -T command did work which is probably not good.

Am I correct that my initial connection to the shell with an incorrect
password should fail? If so, it's JIRA time!

Re: Connecting To Shell With Incorrect Password

Posted by Jim Klucar <kl...@gmail.com>.
I know that some of the thrift calls (get master stats comes to mind)
have the password in the thrift call, but don't do anything with it.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by William Slacum <wi...@accumulo.net>.
That seems dumb-- make the ticket!