Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sergey Livanov <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 20:13:48 UTC

Tuning Tomcat

Help me to adjust JVM, please. My configuration - win2k server, Tomcat5.5.9
system vars - JAVA_HOME=c:\jre153, CATALINA_HOME=c:\tomcat
catalina.bat - set CATALINA_OPTS="-server -Xms256M -Xmx512M"
After start
Free memory: 1.64 MB Total memory: 5.44 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB

TIA .

Re: Tuning Tomcat

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <to...@list-post.mks-mail.de>.
Sergey Livanov:

> Help me to adjust JVM, please. My configuration - win2k server, Tomcat5.5.9

I hope you follow Chuck's good advice and re-describe your problem in a
way others can understand.

Moreover, if you're interested in tuning, you could start by downloading
a Tomcat version that is not almost 4 years old.

Regards
  mks

RE: Tuning Tomcat

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Tuning Tomcat
>
> >> Free memory: 1.64 MB Total memory: 5.44 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB
>
> I like this post, because the system parameters remind me of Chuck's
> portable phone, and my development system.

Actually, those are just number for the Java heap, not the system; we didn't really get any system info other than OS.  (And my phone is *way* bigger than that :-)

 - Chuck

Re: Tuning Tomcat

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Sergey Livanov [mailto:sergey.livanov@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Tuning Tomcat
>>
>> Help me to adjust JVM, please. My configuration - win2k
>> server, Tomcat5.5.9
>> system vars - JAVA_HOME=c:\jre153, CATALINA_HOME=c:\tomcat
>> catalina.bat - set CATALINA_OPTS="-server -Xms256M -Xmx512M"
>> After start
>> Free memory: 1.64 MB Total memory: 5.44 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB
>
> 42.

> Once you've read that, read this:
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Performance_and_Monitoring
>
> Then come back and ask an answerable question.

Chuck, you were faster. :-)

I like this post, because the system parameters remind me of Chuck's
portable phone, and my development system.

Sergey,

good points : you provided some system and Tomcat information.  Not all
people do that.

bad points : what is the problem ?

;-)

RE: Tuning Tomcat