Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jo...@mortgage.wellsFargo.COM on 2002/12/20 00:45:17 UTC

html:select woes

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to use the html:select tag and am having no
luck.  When I execute the jsp, I'm getting "Cannot find bean under name
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN."  I've looked at the docs and the
html-select.jsp example but can't see what's different about my case.  My
struts-config file has this:

<form-bean name="loggersForm" type="com.wfsc.cam.ui.LoggersForm"/>

and this:

<action path="/loggers"
	  type="com.wfsc.cam.actions.HelloAction"
	  name="loggersForm"
	  input="/jsp/loggers.jsp"
	  validate="false"
	  scope="session">
	<forward name="hello" path="/jsp/loggers.jsp"/>
</action>

I've tried with and without the "input" attr.  My LoggersForm class extends
ActionForm and has one String property called "newLevel" that's null by
default.  I also have a reset() method that nulls-out newLevel.  My jsp does
this:

<jsp:useBean id="loggersForm" scope="session"
class="com.wfsc.cam.ui.LoggersForm"/><html:form action="/loggers.do"/>

The only relevant difference I can see between this and the html-select.jsp
example is that my jsp is under /jsp, but I've tried it both ways and it
doesn't seem to matter.

I'd appreciate a clue.

thanks

john