Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stéphane Bouchet <st...@knowesia.fr> on 2006/08/28 15:03:09 UTC

Re: NullPointerException in maven-eclipse-plugin while executing "mak e-artifacts" goal

Hi,

this new functionnality is still under dev.

It seems you have installed a plugin (org.jbpm.core ) taht is not
delivered with the basic eclipse install. the maven plugin tries to
create for each eclipse plugin an artifact and install it in our repo.

So there is an error with that particular eclipse plugin....

Do you need this plugin into your App ? if not, try to remove it, then
try again .

Stéphane

Posted by "Sharma, Jaikumar" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Stephane. Yes, I have installed JBoss.
Fine, I would install the eclipse in a fresh way and then I would try.

Thanks again for your findings.

Regards, Jaikumar

> this new functionnality is still under dev.
>
> It seems you have installed a plugin (org.jbpm.core ) taht is not
> delivered with the basic eclipse install. the maven plugin tries to
> create for each eclipse plugin an artifact and install it in our repo.
>
> So there is an error with that particular eclipse plugin....
>
> Do you need this plugin into your App ? if not, try to remove it, then
> try again .
>
> [Sharma, Jaikumar]
> I did not install (org.jbpm.core) into my repository and it does not exist
> in local repository. When I run the "mvn make-artifacts", then a lot of
> plugins from local eclipse installation gets processed and installed into
> local repository based on plugin manifest.
>
> I am not sure, what is the reason, it gets stuck on this plugin, while
> processing and gives NullPointerException.

That is what i am saying.

You have installed JBOSS IDE and not just Eclipse IDE, and tha
org.jbpm.core plugin for eclipse gives you the NPE.

i don't know either the reason why it gave you this.

the solution i gave you is that you could install a fresh Eclipse in
another directory, run "mvn make-artifacts" into, and see if you could
use the installed artifact with your app and maven..

The make-artifacts goals need to be call just the first time, after
that, you will have all the necessary artifact in your repo.

Stéphane

Posted by Stéphane Bouchet <st...@knowesia.fr>.

Posted by "Sharma, Jaikumar" <ja...@gmail.com>.