Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org> on 2011/03/13 14:25:05 UTC

TCK : StateTransitions test

Maybe I'm just not reading this test correctly, in which case please point out
where I'm going wrong. StateTransition test creates 50 objects, with field
value from 0 to 49. When running each test it calls getInstanceInState(). This
method doesn't seem to care about which object it is picking (i.e which field
value) since it just gets an Extent (no ordering defined how they are
returned), and takes the first in the iterator(). This means that the instance
returned could have a field value that is the same as a mutator operation may
be attempting to set the field to. In that case the object wouldn't become
dirty. Why create 50 objects if not using one per test ?

Or is there something I haven't seen ?

Regards
--
Andy