Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Eric Peters <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/01 18:12:26 UTC

Enabling logging?

I tried simply adding   <logger name="org.apache.poi.util.POILogger"
level="trace"/> to my logback.xml file but couldn't get that to work.

Apparently there used to be a page:
http://poi.apache.org/utils/logging.htmlwith examples, but that
doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Thanks,

Eric

Re: Enabling logging?

Posted by Eric Peters <er...@gmail.com>.
-Dorg.apache.poi.util.POILogger=org.apache.poi.util.CommonsLogger
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

Sort of hack but looks like if I throw that in on my command line it all
starts to work.

-Eric