Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Oliver Schrenk <ol...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/11 16:11:11 UTC

zkHost configuration

Hi,

I was wondering why there is the need to full specify all zookeeper hosts when starting up Solr. For example using

	java -Djetty.port=7574 -DzkHost=localhost:2181,zkhost1:2181,zkhost2:2181,zkhost3:2181 -jar start.jar

Isn’t it enough to point to localhost:2181 and let the Zookeeper ensemble itself where the other machines are? Or is this just used for failover in case  a zookeeper machine goes down?

Regards,
Oliver

Re: zkHost configuration

Posted by Greg Walters <gr...@answers.com>.
It's used for failover and if you've got ZooKeeper running on a separate machine(s) you need a way to tell Solr where to look.

Thanks,
Greg