Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Anne-Sofie Nielsen <An...@kapowtech.com> on 2006/09/14 14:03:41 UTC

RE: [HttpClient] NTLM Proxy

I'm trying to authenticate against an NTLM Proxy (ISA server).

I have the host name given (of type "a.b.c") and username + password.
The NTCredentials constructor takes a username, password, host name and domain as arguments. What should I use for host name and domain, then? The combinations I have been able to come up with have so far only given me 407 responses. :-(

Regards,
Anne-Sofie

Posted by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com>.
the domain user and pass are given for your network admin.... specially the
domain (that is the windows domain) and for the host... is the host of the
machine that want to connect.. meaning localhost... but for this you can
use...

String host = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()

On 9/14/06, Anne-Sofie Nielsen <An...@kapowtech.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to authenticate against an NTLM Proxy (ISA server).
>
> I have the host name given (of type "a.b.c") and username + password.
> The NTCredentials constructor takes a username, password, host name and
> domain as arguments. What should I use for host name and domain, then? The
> combinations I have been able to come up with have so far only given me 407
>
> Regards,
> Anne-Sofie

David Castañeda R.

Re: [HttpClient] NTLM Proxy

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hello Anne-Sofie,

> I'm trying to authenticate against an NTLM Proxy (ISA server).
>
> I have the host name given (of type "a.b.c") and username + password.
> The NTCredentials constructor takes a username, password, host name
> and domain as arguments. What should I use for host name and domain, then?
> The combinations I have been able to come up with have so far only
> given me 407 responses. :-(

Host name should probably be the host name of the proxy server. For
the domain name, you can try to log into the proxy using IE. If
the password dialog shows a user name like WHATEVER\userid, then
WHATEVER is the domain. If you don't get a dialog, your machine
is probably configured to be in the same domain as the proxy.
Then use the Windows "change password" dialog to get at the
domain name.

hope that helps,
  Roland