Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Qiuzhuang Lian <qi...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/13 16:33:00 UTC

Fwd: can't start up hive 2.1 hiveserver2/metastore services

We download hive 2.1 and run into errors when starting to
metastore/hiveserver2 services, here is the errors,

Any clues?

Regards,
Qiuzhuang

[image: Inline image 1]

Re: can't start up hive 2.1 hiveserver2/metastore services

Posted by Qiuzhuang Lian <qi...@gmail.com>.
we have multiple hive versions installed on the same machine and we use
export HIVE_HOME via CLI which I think it is why we run into that issue.
As suggested, we use the complete execution CLI path and it looks good.

Thanks and closing this issue.

regards,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi qiuzhuang

Posted by Qiuzhuang Lian <qi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mich,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 12:39 AM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com

Posted by Qiuzhuang Lian <qi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I can start hivesever2&metastore with hive 1.2.1 before. This error
happened to 2.X. The error indicates that it throws ClassNotFound exception
with service-rpc-*.jar.

Thanks.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Can hardly read the image :)