Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adriana G <ad...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/30 18:16:47 UTC

Ajax and struts

I need to refresh a select option  using ajax,
i have this function that returns me an string list,
and i need to put in a select option. but it doesn't work with the

I used to fill the select option with a persistent object declared in the
form, but i now i know how to updated taking into account the result o f
the ajax function.
Thks.

function doAjaxPost(tipo) {
// get the form values
var name = $('#name').val();
$.ajax({
type: "POST",
url: "/fethusweb/registraPaciente.do",
data: "name=" + name +"&enviar="+tipo,
success:
function(response){

var result = response.substring(1,response.length-3);
var vectorResponse = result.split(",");
var menu= document.getElementsByClassName("menu","david");
for(var i in vectorResponse){
var theOption = new Option;
theOption.text = vectorResponse[i];
theOption.value = 1;
menu[0].options[i]=theOption;
}

          },
               error: function(e){
                     alert('Error: ' + e);
                 }
             });
          }

-----//

           name="registrarPacienteForm" >

           <logic:iterate id="objeto" name="registrarPacienteForm"

                   property="ciudades">

                           <c:out value="${objeto.nombre}" />

           </logic:iterate>

--