Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by sonal ojha <s....@gmail.com> on 2010/04/13 15:16:50 UTC

[Help]Qpid in clustering mode

Hello,

Am very new to Qpid , I wanted to know how could I setup Qpid C++ broker in
clustering mode.

It said to use corosync but then still couldn't find what all setups are
involved.

How can we have them all in multicast mode using a shared database(if qpid
supports one)

Thanks,
Sonal Ojha

Re: [Help]Qpid in clustering mode

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
On 04/13/2010 10:31 AM, Ján Sáreník wrote:
> Then have a look at Red Hat's MRG documentation:
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/

There's a newer version of this that is not yet published, and which I
intend to contribute within a week or so - I basically just need to
strip out Red Hat stuff from this to make it generic Qpid. I have a
bunch of docs I intend to move upstream.

I'm happy to supply these docs to anyone who needs them in the meantime.
I didn't mention them previously because I try not to point people to
Red Hat docs to answer generic Qpid questions. This problem goes away as
we move these docs upstream.

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [Help]Qpid in clustering mode

Posted by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com>.
Hello!

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 06:46:50PM +0530, sonal ojha wrote:
> Am very new to Qpid , I wanted to know how could I setup Qpid C++ broker in
> clustering mode.
>
> It said to use corosync but then still couldn't find what all setups are
> involved.

I do not know what distribution you are using, but you can compile
qpid on any recent GNU/Linux distribution. See the attached script
which I used today to cleanly compile and install qpid trunk with
clustering module as well.

Then have a look at Red Hat's MRG documentation:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/

> How can we have them all in multicast mode using a shared database(if qpid
> supports one)

You may also play with persistent store module. Have a look at
http://qpidcomponents.org/

  HTH, best regards Ján

--
Red Hat Czech, MRG Quality Assurance Associate

Re: [Help]Qpid in clustering mode

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 04/13/2010 09:16 AM, sonal ojha wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am very new to Qpid , I wanted to know how could I setup Qpid C++ broker in
> clustering mode.
>
> It said to use corosync but then still couldn't find what all setups are
> involved.

There's a page on http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/ that describes the set-up.
Unfortunately it seems to be down at the moment so I can't get the exact link.
When it is back up, look in the FAQ section.

> How can we have them all in multicast mode using a shared database(if qpid
> supports one)

Qpid in clustering mode does use multicast but it does not use a shared
database. Instead, each member of the cluster keeps its own replica of the
clusters state, and the replicas are kept synchronized using the corosync CPG
protocol. New members joining the cluster get a "snapshot" of cluster state from
an existing member so they too have a complete, synchronized replica of the
cluster state. Clients can connect to any member of the cluster.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org