Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tony Jeffery <tj...@novatel.co.uk> on 2002/03/05 12:42:23 UTC

Server Event Notification To Clients

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the best way of implementing an event callback from the
server to the client, similar to Java RMI callbacks, so that I can notify
clients of server events? Would this mean a small SOAP server in the client
or is there some other way or am I asking the impossible? I don't want to
have to resort to polling the server for updates. Also if this is possible
how feasible would it be with many thousands of users connected concurrently
to the server/s and notifing them all this way? Any ideas would be very much
appreciated.

many thanks in advance

Tony Jeffery