Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Tanenblatt <sl...@park-slope.net> on 2008/08/06 19:23:07 UTC

Getting ConceptMapper into the sandbox

I am just following up on the status of getting ConceptMapper actually
into the sandbox, as it was approved by vote and all paperwork from
seems to be in order. What needs to be done next, and is there
anything I can do to help?

Re: Getting ConceptMapper into the sandbox

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thanks, Michael :-)  I should have looked before posting...

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Marshall Schor wrote:

> Michael Tanenblatt wrote:
>> Nobody commented on the IP clearance form, so if anyone has any info,
>> please share it.
> Hi Michael - the way forward for the IP clearance form is described on
> this page, referenced from the main incubator.apache.org web site
> (look at the left nav bar):
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
>
> I will create a draft of this form and fill in what I know, and post
> another note on the web site about it for you and others to review.
Draft created.  you can see it here (ignore some formatting errors - it
is not designed to display within our web pages):
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/ip-clearances/concept-mapper.html

(Note: may have to wait an hour for replication).

I will ask an ASF Officer to review / commit it to the right place :-)

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Michael Tanenblatt wrote:
> Nobody commented on the IP clearance form, so if anyone has any info,
> please share it.
>
> As to a paragraph for the web site, how about:
>
> ConceptMapper is a powerful, highly configurable dictionary UIMA-based
> annotator. Numerous parameters can be used to specify various aspects
> of the lookup algorithm, input processing and output options. The
> dictionary structure is flexible, allowing any number synonyms to be
> associated with an entry, and any number of attributes to be
> associated with entries or synonyms. Additionally, ConceptMapper can
> be used with any tokenizer, enabling tokenization of the dictionary
> identically with the input text.
Added to the sandbox webpage.

-Marshall

Posted by Michael Tanenblatt <sl...@park-slope.net>.