Posted to dev@systemds.apache.org by "Baunsgaard, Sebastian" <ba...@tugraz.at.INVALID> on 2022/05/16 14:34:26 UTC

Changing to Capital letters for single letter arguments

Hi All,

I would like to suggest that we change all builtin functions to use capital letters for single letter arguments.

Functions currently use small and large letters a randomly,

and it is confusing when changing algorithm you have to sometimes change "Y" to "y".

examples that would break this:

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/arima.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/cvlm.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/deepWalk.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/getAccuracy.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/gridSearch.dml

(All Img builtin)

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/kmeans.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/lasso.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/lm.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/lmCG.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/lmDS.dml

(All outlier)

etc..

I would also like to suggest that we change all instances where we call X and Y for X_Train or Y_Train to just X and Y.

example that break:

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/hyperband.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/knn.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/lasso.dml

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/sherlock.dml

All verbose booleans should be changed to "verbose"

https://github.com/apache/systemds/blob/main/scripts/builtin/matrixProfile.dml

best regards

Sebastian

Re: Changing to Capital letters for single letter arguments

Posted by "Baunsgaard, Sebastian" <ba...@tugraz.at.INVALID>.
Okay, i can follow this argumentation for vectors and scalars,

if nobody complains i will make these modifications shortly with consistent small letter vectors and scalars.

best regards

Sebastian

Posted by Matthias Boehm <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Janardhan Pulivarthi <ja...@gmail.com>.