Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2000/11/09 22:17:52 UTC

XMI error

When I include the alphaworks XMIToolkit jar file in my classpath so that
SOAP
will compile the XMI stuff I get these errors:
Compiling 4 source files to D:\WSTK\xml-soap\java\build\classes
D:\WSTK\xml-soap\java\src\org\apache\soap\util\xml\XMIDeserializer.java:94:
Can'
t access class com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterFactory. Class or interface must
be p
ublic, in same package, or an accessible member class.
    com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterFactory.setInline(true);
                         ^
D:\WSTK\xml-soap\java\src\org\apache\soap\util\xml\XMIDeserializer.java:94:
Inne
r type setInline in com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterFactory not accessible from
clas
s org.apache.soap.util.xml.XMIDeserializer.
    com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterFactory.setInline(true);
                                                 ^
D:\WSTK\xml-soap\java\src\org\apache\soap\util\xml\XMIDeserializer.java:94:
Meth
od setInline(boolean) not found in class
com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterFactory.
    com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterFactory.setInline(true);
                                                 ^
D:\WSTK\xml-soap\java\src\org\apache\soap\util\xml\XMISerializer.java:113:
[...]
6 errors
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

I don't get these errors when I used a xmisoap.jar that I got from someone
- I'm assuming
that that xmisoap.jar is old - so should this XMI stuff in SOAP
compile/work with the latest
XMIToolkit from alphaworks?

Also, even once past that error, I get a runtime error:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
try t
o access class org.apache.soap.util.xml.NSDecl from class
org.apache.soap.util.x
ml.NSStack
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.NSStack.addNSDeclaration(NSStack.java:116)
        at
org.apache.soap.AttributeHandler.populateNSStack(AttributeHandler.jav
a:160)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.marshall(Envelope.java:152)
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:100)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:151)
        at com.ibm.soa.client.BrokerProxy.callBroker(BrokerProxy.java:264)
        at
com.ibm.soa.client.BrokerProxy.findServiceInfoList(BrokerProxy.java:1
96)
        at
com.ibm.wstk.tools.browser.BrokerBrowser.refresh(BrokerBrowser.java:4
73)
        at
com.ibm.wstk.tools.browser.BrokerBrowser.init(BrokerBrowser.java:150)

        at
com.ibm.wstk.tools.browser.BrokerBrowser.plugin_main(BrokerBrowser.ja
va:573)

I've never seen an error like this one before - any clues as to what's
going on?
thanks,
-Dug