Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/16 15:46:29 UTC

Upgrading Dependencies when new Netbean Releases

I have been working on a Maven Netbeans module project in Netbeans which
has many Netbean specific dependencies.  I started this with Netbeans 12.5
based dependencies and all seemed to work well.

When Netbeans 12.6 came out I figured I would upgrade the dependencies to
be compatible with 12.6 versions so I modified all the dependencies to be
like <version>RELEASE126</version>.

This seemed to work someone but there were issues none the less.  For
example:

When attempting "Run" on the project in Netbeans, it continued to use the
"Netbean 12.5 platform" during running and complained about some older
modules being present instead of newer modules.  Assume it's still using
Netbeans 12.5 for the platform for some reason and may not be picking up
newer dependencies, has stale jars, or platform setup issues.

In the Tools...Netbeans Platform, only 12.6 platforms are defined with no
12.5 present.

In the project folder, I removed the "target" cache/user folders which
caused them to be repopulated at next build but still no luck.

Any idea?

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Re: Upgrading Dependencies when new Netbean Releases

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Apparently for maven projects, there is a "settings.xml" file (in my case
found in my user home's .m2 folder) which defines the netbeans-ide platform
profile and where it is located.

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.