Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/23 13:55:43 UTC

"static facet field"

Hey there,
I missed couple of things these days about faceting:

First one was that I wanted to do date facet with more than a date start,
end and gap... I sorted it modifing the function getFacetDateCounts() and
adding the parameters in the xml this way:
      <str name="facet.date">date</str>

      <str name="facet.date.start">NOW/DAY-1YEAR</str>
      <str name="facet.date.end">NOW/DAY</str>
      <str name="facet.date.gap">+1YEAR</str>

      <str name="facet.date.start">NOW/DAY-6MONTH</str>
      <str name="facet.date.end">NOW/DAY</str>
      <str name="facet.date.gap">+6MONTH</str>

      <str name="facet.date.start">NOW/DAY-3MONTH</str>
      <str name="facet.date.end">NOW/DAY</str>
      <str name="facet.date.gap">+3MONTH</str>

It will show me the number of docs from the last year, last 6 month and last
3 month. It's working quite well and doesn't descreases the search speed.

My other goal is to do something I have called static facets by field. I
would like to specify the terms to facet in the sorlconfig. Lets supose I
have a field called animals. I want to do facet fields with the tokens
cat,doc,monkey and I wan to pass these words by solr config.xml

Is this done or should I do a hack? In that case... any advice?

Thanks in advance

Re: "static facet field"

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
Exactly!
I thought facet query just worked for range numbers. I complicating myself a
lot...
Thank you

Re: "static facet field"

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.