Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jlkinsel <jl...@thrashyour.com> on 2007/10/26 05:54:39 UTC

trying to combine failover and prefetchPolicy

Hey guys - I'm using ActiveMQ through Spring, with the client configured
through my spring xml files.  I'm trying to get a client to connect to a
broker with two features enabled:
 a) I want failover turned on as the network between the client/server is
slightly flakey, and
 b) I want to set my queuePrefetch size to 1.

I would think this means something like
 <property name="brokerURL"
value="failover:tcp://qserver:61616?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1,tcp://qserver:61616?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1"/>

but this causes errors.  If I just have the queuePrefetch option on the
second uri, it doesn't give an error, but i'm not convinced that the
queuePrefetch size of the first uri is going to be 1.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong here?

Re: trying to combine failover and prefetchPolicy

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at this: http://activemq.apache.org/failover-
transport-reference.html

try: failover:(tcp://qserver:61616?
jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1,tcp://qserver:61616?
jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1)

cheers,

Rob

http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/