Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Alessandro Presta <al...@fb.com> on 2013/04/15 19:58:56 UTC

VertexEdges naming

Hi all,

The more I look at it, the more I think that VertexEdges was an unfortunate naming choice on my part: I was trying to convey the idea that it contains the out-edges for a particular vertex, but I'm afraid someone less accustomed to this computational model would get confused.
Some alternatives could be Edges (simple but maybe too generic) or OutEdges (more explicit, although we don't use the out-edges terminology in other parts of Giraph). I think I'm slightly in favor of OutEdges.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Alessandro

Re: VertexEdges naming

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
Big +1 on OutEdges, I found VertexEdges confusing too. Good call!

Re: VertexEdges naming

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
+1 on OutEdges

Re: VertexEdges naming