Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Timur Mehrvarz <ti...@d2mannesmann.de> on 2001/01/11 14:40:18 UTC

Struts without SQL?

Hello.
We are not using SQL in the presentation-tier.
All DB-access happens in the EJB-tier.
Therefor, when building Struts we get an
"cannot resolve symbol javax.sql.DataSource" in
 share\org\apache\struts\action\ActionServlet.java:82
What shall I do?
Regards.

Re: Struts without SQL?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Timur Mehrvarz wrote:

> Hello.
> We are not using SQL in the presentation-tier.
> All DB-access happens in the EJB-tier.
> Therefor, when building Struts we get an
> "cannot resolve symbol javax.sql.DataSource" in
>  share\org\apache\struts\action\ActionServlet.java:82
> What shall I do?
> Regards.

Although you are not using it, Struts has built-in support for creating a JDBC
DataSource.  In order to do this, you need to download and install the JDBC 2.0
Standard Extensions jar file, which you can get from
<http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc>, because the compiled code references these
classes.

I will update the install docs to make this clearer.

Craig

RE: Struts without SQL?

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@j-com.nl>.
Add the jdbc optional package to your classpath.
Even it you don't use jdbc you need that package.

johan