Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by 马云 <si...@163.com> on 2017/04/13 04:38:25 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Support new feature: bitmap encode

Hi all,

 Let's start the discussion about bitmap encode.

below is the high level design document
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mayunSaicmotor/saic-carbondata/branch-0.2-saic/examples/src/main/resources/carbondata-bitmap-encode.xlsx

Please feel free to discuss and give your suggestion.

Thanks
Jarck

Re: [DISCUSSION] Support new feature: bitmap encode

Posted by David QiangCai <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In my opinion, we need the following points as least.

1. create table ddl can specify a bitmap option

2. add a new Encoding: BITMAP

-----
Best Regards
David QiangCai

Re: [DISCUSSION] Support new feature: bitmap encode

Posted by simafengyun <si...@163.com>.
sub-task list of  bitmap encode Feature:

1	data loading for bitmap encode columns
	generate bitmap encoded data and store to data page

2	query bitmap encode data
	read bitmap encode data from data page  to dataChunk2

3	apply filter query on bitmap encode column
	equal / not equal filter
	range filter
	and / or query
	include / exclude filter

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Jack  Ma

Re: [DISCUSSION] Support new feature: bitmap encode

Posted by simafengyun <si...@163.com>.
upload the design doc screenshots