Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by baotiao <ba...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 14:09:55 UTC

Question about Libprocess and Lithe

Hi People

I am interested in libproces, and we know libprocess was wrote according Lithe.
I have some questions about the theory Lithe

1. can you tell me the advantage of Lithe.

2. the relation of lithe and libprocess. I find libprocess is a Reactor model. libprocess is same as Erlang.
When we start libprocess, we will start 8 OS thread, the the process in libprocess is just a task in thread.
Is it lithe do the same job as libprocess? Or lithe optimize the model

Thanks
陈宗志

Blog: baotiao.github.io

Re: Question about Libprocess and Lithe

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi 宗志,

i suggest you reference a paper: Lithe: Enabling Efficient Composition of
Parallel Libraries

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000