Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Paul Bell <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/13 22:44:40 UTC

Fate of slave node after timeout

Hi All,

IIRC, after (max_slave_ping_timeouts * slave_ping_timeout) is exceeded
without a response from a mesos-slave, the master will remove the slave. In
the Mesos UI I can see slave state transition from 1 deactivated to 0.

Can that slave never again be added into the cluster, i.e., what happens if
it comes up 1 second after exceeding the timeout product?

(I'm dusting off some old notes and trying to refresh my memory about
problems I haven't seen in quite some time).

Thank you.

-Paul

Re: Fate of slave node after timeout

Posted by Paul <ar...@gmail.com>.
Ah, now I get it.

And this comports with the behavior I am observing right now.

Thanks again, Jie.

-Paul

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul <ar...@gmail.com>.