Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Décio Heinzelmann Luckow <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/17 21:20:42 UTC

eclipse environment to explore the Struts2 sources and create fix patches

Hi

I´m trying to build my eclipse environment to explore the Struts2 sources
and create fix patches, by I´m not obtaining success.

I alredy got the sources by subversion and compile/build entire projects
using maven, without problem.

My problem is when I want to see all projetcs inside Eclise, I alredy have
generated the Eclipse 'project files' using maven and try to open with
Eclipse, but eclipse allways crashes (it simply close).

I have installed the Maven and subversion ( from tigris) plugins on Eclipse,
but always when I import the maven projects or subversion projects by
Eclipse, it process a little e simply closes. Its using the options of each
plugin

If its alredy have happen with anyone, and if know an solution, I will
be thankful.

If someone uses the an Eclipse environment to develop Struts2 without
problem, please describe it to me, i will try to build the same environment.

thanks

Décio

Re: eclipse environment to explore the Struts2 sources and create fix patches

Posted by "David Durham, Jr." <da...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Décio Heinzelmann Luckow
<de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  My problem is when I want to see all projetcs inside Eclise, I alredy have
>  generated the Eclipse 'project files' using maven and try to open with
>  Eclipse, but eclipse allways crashes (it simply close).

You should see a cause for the crash in <your
workspace>/.metadata/.log.  My guess is that this is your problem:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_increase_the_permgen_size_available_to_Eclipse%3F

--Dave

Re: eclipse environment to explore the Struts2 sources and create fix patches

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.
Unless you have a severely limited machine, you should be able to do what
you describe.

What is the exact syntax you are using to generate the eclipse
configuration?

--
James Mitchell