Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Parashuram N <pa...@microsoft.com> on 2016/06/27 11:28:36 UTC

Cordova CLI Telemetry results

Back in 6.2.0, we added telemetry for the Cordova CLI. We have data starting May 23. In the spirit of being transparent about the data that we collect, I create a Cordova usage report that is accessible to the public - https://datastudio.google.com/open/0B-Ja5cNOX_XLTElHdWd4V2NUem8.
This reports is live and automatically updates – just remember to change the date range at the top.
Some facts

-          Cordova has 84K users on the CLI in the last month, and this number seems to be increasing.

-          64% of people (in this 84K) turn off telemetry explicitly at the command line.

-          Node 4.4.5 is the most common, much more than its closest competition.

-          Windows is the most popular development platform.

-          USA, India, China and Brazil are the most popular geolocations, in that order
Are there other graphs that you think we should add?
P.S:  I have also asked Mefire about information like most frequently failing command, etc, and will add those too.

Re: Cordova CLI Telemetry results

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Parash!
This is great info. What's surprising to me is the amount of Brazil users,
close to China's numbers.

Some gaps in users -- no users in Greenland, Svalbard, and four central
African nations :) We'll reach them soon...

OS X (30.8%) vs Windows (47.2%)