Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by huntc <hu...@mac.com> on 2008/10/02 13:25:02 UTC

Re: XMLBeans not compatible with cxf 2.1

dkulp wrote:

> On May 18, 2008, at 5:35 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:
>
>> AFAIK CXF doesn't support XMLBeans.  Axis2 does I think.
>>

> Uhh...     yes it does.    2.1 actually has a xmlbeans databinding.
> It's not documented at all yet though (My fault) and no tooliing yet
> for it.

I am sure you're probably incredibly busy, but I'm going nuts trying to
figure out how I can use xmlbeans for binding. Could you quickly cast your
eyes over the following?

Here's where I am up to:

	&lt;jaxws:endpoint id="indicativeDataService"
		implementor="au.com.blueglue.hrwebservices.IndicativeDataServiceImpl"
		address="/IndicativeDataService"&gt;
		&lt;jaxws:dataBinding&gt;
			&lt;bean class="org.apache.cxf.xmlbeans.XmlBeansDataBinding" /&gt;
		&lt;/jaxws:dataBinding&gt;
	&lt;/jaxws:endpoint&gt;

I have also created a dependency on:

	&lt;dependency&gt;
		&lt;groupId&gt;org.apache.cxf&lt;/groupId&gt;
		&lt;artifactId&gt;cxf-rt-databinding-xmlbeans&lt;/artifactId&gt;
		&lt;version&gt;${cxf-version}&lt;/version&gt;
	&lt;/dependency&gt;

My interface looks like:

@WebService(targetNamespace =
"http://schemas.blueglue.com.au/hrwebservices")
public interface IndicativeDataService {
	void upload(
			@WebParam(name = "indicativeData") IndicativeDataDocument data);
}

...where IndicativeDataDocument is an xmlbeans generated class.

When I deploy to my server I get:

with name
'indicativeDataService': Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid property
'dataBinding' of bean class
[org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spring.EndpointDefinitionParser$SpringEndpointImpl]:
Bean property 'dataBinding'
is not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of
the setter match the return
type of the getter?

It all fields tantalisingly close... help!

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Christopher