Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net> on 2012/05/29 20:49:45 UTC

Re: Wiki, Forum Host Names

Le mar. 29 mai 2012 12:36:29 CEST, RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> 2012/5/29 imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>:
>> 3. wiki,openoffice.org
>>    forum.openoffice.org
>
> IF (and only IF) a proper redirection for the old addresses is
> maintained, I think option 3 is the best one. We need to remember that
> both wiki and forums are quite old now, so there are tons of links to
> them on the internet, specially to the forums, pointing to user guides
> or solved threads. But if someone clicking on an old url is
> automatically redirected to the new one, why not? Maybe change
> forum.openoffice.org to forums.openoffice.org (there are more than
> one), but that's not so important.

+1.
Redirection is mandatory.
Proposal 3 is fine.
4 is not explicit enough.

Hagar

Re: Wiki, Forum Host Names

Posted by tj <tj...@apache.org>.
On 5/29/2012 14:49, Hagar Delest wrote:
> Le mar. 29 mai 2012 12:36:29 CEST, RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> 2012/5/29 imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>:
>>> 3. wiki,openoffice.org
>>> forum.openoffice.org
>>
>> IF (and only IF) a proper redirection for the old addresses is
>> maintained, I think option 3 is the best one. We need to remember that
>> both wiki and forums are quite old now, so there are tons of links to
>> them on the internet, specially to the forums, pointing to user guides
>> or solved threads. But if someone clicking on an old url is
>> automatically redirected to the new one, why not? Maybe change
>> forum.openoffice.org to forums.openoffice.org (there are more than
>> one), but that's not so important.
>
> +1.
> Redirection is mandatory.
> Proposal 3 is fine.
> 4 is not explicit enough.
>
> Hagar

+1. Concur exactly with Hagar.

/tj/

Re: Wiki, Forum Host Names

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/30/12 9:15 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On May 29, 2012, at 11:54 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

>>> +1.
>>> Redirection is mandatory.
>>> Proposal 3 is fine.
>>> 4 is not explicit enough.
>>>

>> well it is identical with my proposal several month ago, mean clear support from me on this. The old urls were only used because of technical reasons... (CollabNet hosting, domains, ...) The new proposed urls make everything much more intuitive.
>>
>> +1
>
> I'm discussing two items with Infrastructure.
>
> (1) *.openoffice.org SSL certificate.

Dave, maybe you can also ask if we can get an official Apache
certificate (with access to some people providing the Windows builds) to
sign our Windows releases in the future. I will try to figure out the
details ...

I know from the past that it is not easy to share the certificate and
that it wasn't easy to sign the relevant bits in the the appropriate way...

Juergen

Re: Wiki, Forum Host Names

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Re: Wiki, Forum Host Names