Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/30 02:05:56 UTC

Solr 8.2.0 having issue with ZooKeeper 3.5.5

Hi,

I am using the new Solr 8.2.0 with SolrCloud and external ZooKeeper 3.5.5.

However, after adding in the line under zoo.cfg
*4lw.commands.whitelist=**

I get the error under Cloud -> ZK Status in Solr
*"Errors: - membership: Check 4lq.commands.whitelist setting in zookeeper
configuration file."*

I have noticed that the issue is cause by adding the "conf" in the
whitelist. But if I do not add the "conf" to the whitelist, I will get the
following error:
*"Errors: - conf is not executed because it is not in the whitelist. Check
4lw.commands.whitelist setting in zookeeper configuration file."*

What could be the issue that cause this error, and how can we resolve it.

Thank you.

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Solr 8.2.0 having issue with ZooKeeper 3.5.5

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I have restarted both Solr and ZooKeeper after the changes. In fact I
have tried to restart the whole system, but the problem still persists.

Below is my configuration for zoo.cfg.

# The number of milliseconds of each tick
tickTime=2000
# The number of ticks that the initial
# synchronization phase can take
initLimit=10
# The number of ticks that can pass between
# sending a request and getting an acknowledgement
syncLimit=5
# the directory where the snapshot is stored.
# do not use /tmp for storage, /tmp here is just
# example sakes.
dataDir=C:\\solr\\zookeeper-3.5.5\\zookeeper1\\dataDir
# the port at which the clients will connect
clientPort=2181

server.1=localhost:2888:3888
server.2=localhost:2889:3889
server.3=localhost:2890:3890

4lw.commands.whitelist=mntr,conf,ruok

Regards,
Edwin

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Interestingly, the code that sets this system property also has spaces, as:

if (System.getProperty(ZK_WHITELIST_PROPERTY) == null) {
  System.setProperty(ZK_WHITELIST_PROPERTY, "ruok, mntr, conf");
}

Don’t know if that’s relevant or just a coincidence….

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
Telnet is working correct. The status endpoint seem to report the error that is displayed in the UI.

I don’t see any obvious in the code, but it might not be working for more than one node, but i am not sure exactly why.

I could not find the log line there with „membership: check 4lw“ in the source ode

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
I just checked also the output of the telnet commands - for conf it is different for standalone compared to ensemble, will put it later in the Jira

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/admin/ZookeeperStatusHandler.java

Jan Høydahl

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Also try /admin/zookeeper/status endpoint in solr manually and see if you get a decent response, if not check error in logs.

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
here you go:

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
I have managed to get it to work.
The issue with the creation of collection is due to the SSL settings.

So now should be able to continue to use as per normal while waiting for
the cosmetic issue to be resolve.
Thank you.

Regards,
Edwin