Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/15 18:15:42 UTC

Estimated test times

I forgot to mention -- what you see as the 'estimated time':

   [junit4] Expected execution time on JVM J0:    93.93s
   [junit4] Expected execution time on JVM J1:    93.93s
   [junit4] Expected execution time on JVM J2:    93.93s
   [junit4] Expected execution time on JVM J3:    93.93s

is based on statistics I committed in from my machine. They are useful
for balancing (I assume a constant scaling threshold for slower
machines) but they're not good absolute predictions if you have a
computer different to mine, of course.

These statistics could be picked up from your previous builds but I
don't think it's such an important issue (it's better to have existing
stats than wait for local stats).

Dawid