Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Estrade Matthieu <es...@ifrance.com> on 2002/09/24 11:24:50 UTC

mod_cache and brigade

Hi,

After i did my unusable proxy patch for multiple brigade handling by
mod_cache, i tried to patch the mod_cache.
My code is doing:

receiving one brigade
if EOS inside, cache it and cache cache->saved_brigade if not null.
if no EOS, save brigade in cache->saved_brigade
w8 for another brigade, until EOS inside.

This code is working,
I controlled the data written in the cache and his length.

But i have a bug, and i really don't understand why....
When i call manual.css (2 brigades) alone
http://127.0.0.1/manual/style/css/manual.css:

first time, it's cached by the mod_cache and served by proxy
second time, it's served by cache

data received are the same, i did a MD5 on it !
that's why i think the code is working.

When i call http://127.0.0.1/manual which is using manual.css, the same
as above:

first time, it's cached by mod_cache and served by proxy
second time, the manual.css is not used by the browser. (netscape US
langage)

i sniffed the connection btw the reverse proxy and the client.
the manual.css data are sent correctly to the client, but there is a
difference btw:

served by proxy: HTTP/1.1 and no keep alive
served by cache: HTTP/1.1 and keepalive + content-length. and age=value

the others headers_out are the same.

I will continue to search why this bug is happening.
I insert my code as attachment, sorry for the french comment inside if left.

Matthieu

Re: mod_cache and brigade

Posted by Matthieu Estrade <me...@axiliance.com>.
Hi Paul,

No problem, i send the diff on the list
sorry, but it's the first patches i send so i discover how work in group :)
I also dunno how  to make patch and ignore indentation

Matthieu

Re: mod_cache and brigade

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@remulak.net>.
Matthieu,