Posted to user@spark.apache.org by frodo777 <ro...@bitmonlab.com> on 2014/12/30 14:59:53 UTC

Spark Standalone Cluster not correctly configured

Hi.

I'm trying to configure a spark standalone cluster, with three master nodes
(bigdata1, bigdata2 and bigdata3) managed by Zookeeper.

It seems there's a configuration problem, since everyone is saying it is the
cluster leader:

     14/12/30 13:54:59 INFO Master: I have been elected leader! New state:
ALIVE

The message above is dumped by every master I start.

Zookeeper is configured identically in all of them, as follows:
dataDir=/spark

The only difference is the "myid" file in the /spark directory, of course.

The masters are started using the following configuration:
export SPARK_DAEMON_JAVA_OPTS=" \
-Dspark.deploy.recoverymode=ZOOKEEPER \
-Dspark.deploy.zookeeper.url=bigdata1:2181,bigdata2:2181,bigdata3:2181"

I'm not setting the spark.deploy.zookeeper.dir variable, since I'm using the
default value, /spark, configured in zookeeper, as I mentioned before.

I would like to know if there is any other thing I have to configure, in
order to make the masters to behave correctly (only one master node active
at a time).

With the current situation, I can connect workers and applications to the
whole cluster, for instance, I can connect a worker to the cluster using:

spark-class org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker
spark://bigdata1:2181,bigdata2:2181,bigdata3:2181

But the worker gets registered to each of the masters independently.
If I stop one of the masters, it tries to re-register to it.
The notion of active-master is completely lost.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot.
-Bob

Re: Spark Standalone Cluster not correctly configured

Posted by Josh Rosen <ro...@gmail.com>.
Can you please file a JIRA issue for this?  This will make it easier to
triage this issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK

Thanks,
Josh