Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Kaan Kalle <kk...@arcanor.com> on 2023/05/31 06:45:38 UTC

Echarts integration onto Superset Kubernetes Cluster

Hello Superset dev team,

We are trying to install Echarts onto our Kubernetes scaled Superset.

Are there any methods to install Echarts libraries on Superset through applying values.yaml onto Kubernetes?
Are there any shortcuts on doing this (Echarts CDN by jsDeliver)?

Can you provide us with support/tutorials and guidance please?

Kind regards,

Kaan Kalle

CTO, Co-Founder

Mobile: +90 (536) 507-2768
Email: kkalle@arcanor.com <ma...@arcanor.com>
Esentepe Talatpaşa Caddesi No:5 Harman Sok. 34394 Şişli/İstanbul
www.arcanor.com <http://www.arcanor.com/>

Re: Echarts integration onto Superset Kubernetes Cluster

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Apache Superset already uses Apache ECharts for the majority of chart types (check `superset-frontend/plugins/plugin-chart-echarts` in the codebase). If you're looking to extend Superset with a custom visualization plugin, there's a few tutorials online that explain how this can be done, and in general requires running a fork of the main codebase. Preset has a blog post covering the main steps required for creating a viz plugin from scratch: https://preset.io/blog/building-custom-viz-plugins-in-superset-v2/ . However, whether or not you use Kubernetes for deploying your Superset fork is a separate topic, and unrelated to custom viz development.

Kind regards,

Ville, Superset PMC