Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Sergiy Lozovsky <sl...@2wire.com> on 2009/06/18 03:30:44 UTC

[drlvm] building DRLVM without JITRINO

Hi,

I'm trying to build DRLVM without JITRINO. One would guess that
interpreter is enough if speed is not a priority. I removed jitrino
directory all together and fixed ant scripts. Build is successful, but
there are problems during run time:

EM: Can't read configuration from '...
/apache-harmony-src-r761593/working_vm/build/linux_x86_64_gcc_release/de
ploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/client.emconf'

HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM

FAILED to invoke JVM.

client.emconf is provided by jitrino. Adding this file doesn't help
either:

apr code:
.../apache-harmony-src-r761593/working_vm/build/linux_x86_64_gcc_release
/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/libjitrino.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

EM: JIT library loading error:'...
/apache-harmony-src-r761593/working_vm/build/linux_x86_64_gcc_release/de
ploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/libjitrino.so'

HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM

FAILED to invoke JVM.

Does anyone know the clean way to remove jitrino and run DRLVM with
interpreter only? What changes should be made to do that?

Thanks,

Sergiy.

Re: [drlvm] building DRLVM without JITRINO

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.
Sergiy,
the way to turn jitting off is to specify -Xint in the command line.
Please look into processing of this option to undestand how to enforce
interpreter from inside the drlvm code.